As health professionals, we see the devastating effects of climate change on our community every day. We are on the front lines of worsening extreme weather events, the increased spread of infectious diseases, and declining food and water security.
That’s why health professionals across Australia are joining the Our Climate, Our Health campaign, calling on the Federal Government to act on climate change now.
We are looking for health professionals who want to help lead this effort by becoming Climate Health Champions.
We have an opportunity for 25 health professionals to attend a three-day Climate-Health Campaigning and Advocacy residential workshop.
This education program is delivered by expert trainers and campaigners, and will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to:
- Understand the effects of climate change on health and wellbeing,
- Use your experiences as a health professional to compel others to take action
- Build and grow a community campaign for climate action
- Identify and develop leadership in others
- Develop core advocacy and lobbying skills
- Build relationships and a supportive network
We are looking for people who are passionate about change, willing to develop skills to become an effective change agent, and want to be part of leading an effective movement for climate action.
The workshop will be held in a beautiful setting on the edge of Melbourne at Edmund Rice Centre, Lower Plenty, Victoria
All costs covered (including travel and accommodation for interstate attendees).
7 Amberley Way Lower Plenty
Melbourne, Victoria 3093
Google map and directions